Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rainy Day Blues

Why is it that when I stopped getting a pay check the economy began to tumble? Things were ok up until then. Maybe I just notice this more because of Devin's chosen line of work and because I no longer help out financially. October and November have been rough. Not to mention we had to shell out mucho pesos for a new transmission in Devin's car. I guess when it rains it pours. Hmm...pouring...that's something it is doing now both literally and figuratively. I have a case of the blues this afternoon. It is a chilly, rainy, blustery fall day - something I love. It would be great to curl up in a blanket with a good book, but Miss R won't really let me do that yet. At least not for any long period of time. But these economic blues are keeping me from enjoying this fall weather anyway. Instead, I have been making many a to do and check list. Mr. Obama, when are you going to fix the economy? Ed McMahon, when will you show up at my doorstep with my million dollar check? HCPS, when will you send me a pay check even though I don't work for you anymore?

Probably contributing to my blues, Reagan had her two month shots on Monday. That was a painful experience for both of us. She survived, but it was not a nice visit with Dr. I. That's after her first snotty nose cold of her life last week. She has been a little fussy and sleepy today - and rightfully so. Can you blame the girl? She's had a rough week.

I should make some soup or something...too bad I need to go to the grocery store. This being a grown up business is hard. Very hard.

No comments: