Friday, September 5, 2008

Tick Tock Tick Tock...

I don't have a picture to accompany this post, but maybe I'll add one before the end of the weekend.
So...my one friend was due on the 13th and had her baby on August 28th. My cousin was supposed to be induced on Monday, like me, and had her baby on the 3rd of September. I, however, still wait. I guess I can't complain since I do get to go eight days ahead of schedule. For the past week I have been anxious to get the show on the road and nothing. Hey, it happened naturally for them, so why not me, too? Today I went to pre-register at the hospital and the nurse informed me that they were full - no beds at all! Anytime there is a drop in barometric pressure (i.e. Hurricane Hanna) ladies go into labor left and right. She also told me that my doctor was going to go out of town this weekend for the first time in a long time. I hope this isn't the kiss of death for me. Any other day this week would have been fine. Now I'll be rushed to the hospital in driving rain and they won't have a bed for me and my doctor won't be there. Let's hope not! No contraction yet...
I'll admit, I am nervous. I've never done this before. And if you know me very well at all you know that I fear change. Anytime a big change has occurred I've fretted about it ahead of time, but once the actual day came, I have been alright. That's what I'm expecting for Monday. Life is definitely about to change.
Stay tuned...

No comments: