Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Here's What's Happening in MY Neck of the Woods...




(I hope you recognized that title from the Today Show)

Here it is June 24th...and I am unemployed! Can you believe it?! Friday the 13th was my last day with students and I went in last week to tie up loose ends. This is my first full week of total and complete domestic bliss. Well, sort of.


Some of the other English teachers threw me my first baby shower on June 10th. It was really nice and we had some great food and got some pretty awesome gifts. They bought an ice cream cake...oh so clever! It came in handy since it was 103 degrees that day. No lie! I will include a picture of the cake, but not of me. If you remember Pee Wee's Big Adventure I'm tending to resemble Large Marge lately! I know we're our own worst critic, but please...I'm HUGE! What in the world will late August and early September bring?! Tall women are lucky when it comes to the whole pregnancy/body image with baby thing.


All in all, I'm feeling really good. I can't complain at all. The last time I went to the doctor (3 weeks ago) everything looked great. I measured just where I should be and the baby's heart rate and my blood pressure were perfect. I have had some swollen feet, but only a hand full of times. I am in my third trimester now, so I guess we've reached the home stretch. After my next visit, I start dropping in every two weeks. The second trimester is WAY faster than the first.


Today I put the changing table and bouncy seat together. No idle hands around here! The swing made it out of the box, but not anywhere near put in once piece. Maybe I'll save that pleasure for Devin. (The bouncy seat and swing were both gifts from my school shower. Pretty awesome, huh?)


Other June tidbits:

~My sister got engaged on the 1st. She is planning an October 11th wedding.

~My cousin graduated from high school and we made the trip to Giles County to attend the ceremony and cook out.

~We celebrated Father's Day in Vienna with Dad and Grandaddy

~Mom had a birthday on the 20th which we celebrated on Father's Day

~The end of this week I will make my 26th (yes, you do the math) trip to Roanoke for the Miss Virginia Pageant. What a great summer tradition!


Stay tuned for more summer fun!
I hope you like the lovely picture Devin took of my belly while I was watching t.v. the other day. The sad part is, I'm not sure I knew you could see my stomach. Not to worry, I don't walk around showing off my mid section. Never have, never will. This is probably the only time any of you will ever really see it. (Unless I have a bikini body next summer that is! ;) )

2 comments:

Jones Family said...

I think we have the same changers but in different wood colors! Once you start going to the doctor every 2 weeks the reality of a baby coming starts to sink in. If it hasn't already. My 2nd trimester went by really quickly too but I was SO anxious for Caiden's arrival the 3rd was slower. Just have your bags packed and the car seat in the car because you never know! :)

Becca said...

I love tummy shots...good job Devin! I'm very excited for you guys, especially since it's a little girl :)